The temperatures are inching upward, the days are getting longer and the first buds are starting to appear on the trees. Spring is on its way, and soon it’s going to be time to do a little preventive maintenance on your ride. No need to dread it -- it’s all pretty routine stuff!
- Air filter - If you haven’t changed your air filter since last year (or can’t remember when you changed it at all), it might be time. It’s an easy and cheap fix, and it pays off in your vehicle’s performance and fuel economy.
- Cabin filter - Older vehicles often don’t have a cabin filter, but it can make a lot of difference in how pleasant your vehicle is to drive. Stale, smelly air? Change it!
- Wipers -- Get a good look at them. Are they showing signs ...[more]
This year you might resolve to fix your house, work out more, eat healthier, or go for that goal you’ve had your eye on for years. This year should also be the year that you resolve to fix or maintain your vehicle, lower your repair costs, lower your gas usage, and add a few years onto your trusted vehicle. With a few simple resolutions, you can keep your vehicle as happy and healthy as you strive to be this year.
- Keep up on your oil changes! Your seasonal (every 3 months or every 3,000 miles) oil changes are the best thing ...[more]
We know you've heard it before, but it's critical enough to repeat: the tires you choose for your vehicle are important. It is critical to understand that the tires on your vehicle are the one single link to the road surface. To keep the rest of your vehicle performing at its peak, your tires are the very foundation of your vehicle.
Different quality tires will last for different periods of time, depending on wear and tear. Regular maintenance is key to longer tread life, but tread wears down over time and with use. Once you get to the point where you need to replace your tires, there are several choices that you can make. The easiest choice is get the exact size and make that originally came on the vehicle, when it was new. Beyond that, you might consider going to a better quality tire ...[more]
Is Your Vehicle Ready For Holiday Travel? Many people have concerns about taking their cars on long trips, especially if their cars are getting on in years or mileage. The truth is … long trips are actually easier on your car than day-to-day driving, but a breakdown far from home can really ruin your fun. A few simple checks will stave off many common problems. As with most things, it's best to start early. Here is a simple check list for preparing your car for Holiday travel.
Two to four weeks before you go
- Get any major repairs done. If your car needs major repair or maintenance, do it at least one month, before you travel. That will allow plenty of time for any problems rela ...[more]